Unit 27 In the Campus在校园
【 Brief Introduction简介】
黉舍是一个学习英语的好中央,几乎全部的话题都可以在这里获得使用的场所。丰硕多彩的学科设置,每团体不合的糊口经历,对各种事物的不雅观点,冤家同学之间随时交换等等,都是人生的兴趣地点。在校园里,谈的最多的应该照旧学业和知识,另有那些来源于青春糊口的小火花。
【 Basic Expressions根基句型表达】
Borrowing books, magazines, etc借进图书、杂志等
● I’d like to borrow a book on computer.
我想借一本电脑方面的书。
● I’d like to apply for a library card.
我想请求一个借书证。
● I’d like to renew it for another week.
我想再续借一个礼拜。
● Can you show me how to find the books in the stacks?
您能通知我如何在书架里找书吗?
● Can you tell me how many books I can borrow at a time?
您能通知我一次可以借几本书吗?
● Can you tell me how long I can keep it?
您能通知我这本书我可以留存多永劫候吗?
Lending books, magazines, etc.借出图书,杂志等
● You can find it in the card catalog.
你可以在目次里找到它。
● If you only know the author, just look it up in the author catalog.
如果你只晓得作者,那就查作者目次。
● I’m afraid the book you want is checked out(taken, on loan, out).
您要的那本书生怕已经借出了。
● Please consult the card catalog first.
请先查卡片目次。
● Please return them by the due date.
请定时回还。
● Your book is two days overdue. You’ll have to pay fines.
您的书已经由期两天了,您得付罚款。
Classroom expressions讲堂用语
● Has the bell gone?
打铃了吗?
● Sit (up) properly.
坐好。
● Please pay attention.
请留意。
● Please come to the front of the class.
请到背面来。
● Open your books to page…
掀开书的第……页。
● Put away your books.
把书收好。
● Hand in your ITs, please.
请交练习本。
● No helping.
不要提醒。
● That’s all for today.
本日就讲到这里。
● Class is over.
下课了。
● May I ask a question?
我问个题目可以吗?
● Could you explain that again?
您能再注释一遍吗?
● I’m sorry, but I couldn’t follow you.
对不起,我听不懂。
● I’m sorry, but I’m still not clear about that point.
对不起,这一点我照旧不很清晰。
● Let me see. I think it’s…
让我想一想。我以为……
● I’m sorry, I don’t know.
对不起,我不晓得。
Work in class讲堂活动
● We shall read aloud.
我们将举行阅读。
● Please answer my (his, her) questions.
请回答我的(他的、她的)题目。
● Please make sentences with the word (phrase)…
请用……这个词造句。
● Next, we shall play a game (do some exercise, etc.)
下面,我们做个游戏(练习等等)。
● Who would like to try?
谁宁愿答应试一试?
● Please raise your hand.
请举手。
● For homework, do Exercise 1 and 2.
功课,坐练习1和2。
● Review the last lesson.
复习前一课。
【 Conversations会话】
Dialogue 1
(A: Teacher; B: Bob; C: Clack)
A: Now let’s recite the poem we learned last week. Any volunteers?
现在背诵上周学的那首诗。谁挺身而出?
B: May I have a try?
我尝尝好吗?
A: All right.
好的。
(Bob recites the poem.)
A: Good. Please sit down. Did anyone catch any mistakes?
好,请坐。有人听到错误没有呢?
B: If I’m not mistaking, he said“hasn’t” instead of“haven’t”.
如果我没弄错的话,他说的“hasn’t”,而应该是“haven’t”。
A: You are right.
你说的对。
(After a while, the teacher asked another question.)
过了一会儿,西席又提出了一个题目。
A: Who would like to answer? Clark ?
谁想回答?Clark同学答好吗?
C: Will you please repeat your question?
请您频频一下您的题目好吗?
A: (Repeats) Is that clear?
(频频)听清了吗?
C: Yes, that’s quite clear. (Answer the question)
听清了。(回答题目)
A: Is that right, class?
全班说,他答对了吗?
C: Oh, I’m sorry. I made a mistake. I should have said“The key is eight”.
啊,对不起,我说错了。我应该说“谜底是 8”。
Dialogue 2
A: Excuse me. Can you tell me how to find some books on social science?
叨教,能通知我如何查找社会迷信书籍吗?
B: Sure. You see all these little drawers here and all the way around the walls?
固然。你看到靠墙排列的这一个个小抽屉了吗?
A: Yes.
瞥见了。
B: These drawers contain cards describing every book in our library. Together they constitute the library’s“card catalog”. You can see that each drawer runs from one part of the alphabet to another. For example, this drawer goes from SCA to SCM.
这些抽屉里装着这本藏书楼全部图书的卡片,它们组成了藏书楼的“卡片目次”。你可以看出每只抽屉都是从字母表中的一部分排到另一部分。好比说这只抽屉,便是从SCA排到SCM。
A: So if I’m looking for a look called A History of Western Society, I’d just look under“A”.
这么说,如果我要找一本《东方社会史》的话,就在“A”的分类下找。
B: No. You’d look under“W”. The articles“a” and“the” don’t count in our alphabetization, and card are generally omitted for extremely common words and phrases such as“history of”,“introduction to”,“story of” and so forth.
不。应该“W”下找。冠词“a”和“the”不包括在字母排列中。通俗来说,目次卡片频频省略一些分外常用的词和词组。如“history of”,“introduction to”,“story of”等等。
A: What if I don’t know the title of the book?
如果不晓得书名如何办?
B: When you can look under the author’s name.
那你可以在作者名下找。
A: Could you give me an example?
能举个例子吗?
B: Suppose you want to find a book by your professor, William Smith. You’d look under SMITH and then WILLIAM. Since that’s a very common name, you may have to go through several“William Smith” until you come to the one who wrote book on the subject you’re interested in.
如果你要找一本你的导师威廉·史密斯传授写的书,你可以在SMITH栏下探求,因为William Smith是一个很罕见的姓名,你年夜概得查阅良多William Smith本领找到你所感快乐喜爱的书的那位William Smith。
Dialogue 3
A: Hi, Bob! We’ve been working hard at our lessons for a fortnight. So why don’t we take it easy his weekend?
喂,鲍布!这两周来我们不断在忙于学习。这个周末我们放松一下如何样?
B: Okay! What do you suggest?
好的,你有什么主意?
A: How about seeing a play? I hear Hamlet is on at the National Theater.
往看一场戏如何样?我听说国家剧场在演出《哈姆雷特》。
B: Is that so? Why not?
真的吗?为什么不呢?
A: (Looking at a newsIT.) Oh, dear me! There’s no performance at the National theater this weekend. So we have to go to cinema instead.
(一边看着报纸)哦,真蹩脚!这个周末国家剧场没有扮演,因此我们只雅观片子了。
B: What’s on?
放什么片子?
A: Let me see…um, Gone With the Wind. It is on at six cinemas on Saturday night.
让我看一看……嗯,在放《乱世美人》。周六早晨有六家片子院在放。
B: That sounds interesting. Which is the nearest?
很好。近来的是哪一家片子院?
A: Ah, The Royal, I think.
啊,我想是在皇家片子院。
B: What time does it start?
什么时候开始?
A: Why don’t we go to the 7:30 show? It is convenient to us, I think.
我们可以往看7:30那一场好吗?我想时候很符合。
B: But we won’t have enough time for dinner.
可我们没有足够的时候用饭埃
A: Do you want to go the earlier or the later show?
那你要看早一点的照旧晚一点的?
B: Ah… I fancy going the later show.
嗯……我想看晚一点的吧。
A: Then, there’s the 9:30 show.
那就看9:30那一场吧。
B: That’s Okay, I think.
我想可以吧。
A: All right.
好吧。
Dialogue 4
A: What are your weekend arrangements?
你的周末如何安排啊?
B: There’re many things I can do on weekends.
周末我要做良多事。
A: What sort of things are you interested in?
你对如何样的事感快乐喜爱?
B: I’m keen on taking short trips to nearby scenic spots. More often than not, I go with some of my friends. By the way, what are your favorites?
我喜好到附近的风景点走一走,偶尔间和一些冤家一同往。特地问一下,你最喜好做什么?
A: I love swimming and cycling. On Sunday morning I have swimming practice for an hour. In the afternoon, I just ride my bike around the city or along the country roads for almost two hours.
我喜好泅水和骑自行车。在礼拜天上午,我要泅水磨炼一小时,而下战书我还要花两小时骑车在城里转一转,或沿着乡下路骑。
B: That’s great! I think they do you a lot of good. Where do you swim?
真不错!我想磨炼给了你良多利益。你在哪儿泅水?
A: Mostly in the city’s swimming pool. But on occasion, I go to the beach with friends. Well, what do you do at leisure?
年夜年夜都时候在城里的泅水池,偶尔候同冤家一同到海边游,真高兴!嗯,你在专业时候做什么?
B: I’m fond of dancing.
我喜好跳舞。
A: Good. You really know how to enjoy yourself.
很好,你真会享用糊口。
B: Thanks. And you, too, I think.
感谢,你也差不多。
【 Key Words and Notes关键词息争释】
1. chief a.重要的
2. library card借书证
3. renew vt.续借
4. stack n. 常用双数良多书架,书库
5. catalog n.目次 card catalog (藏书楼公用的)卡片目次
6. on loan出借
7. consult vt.翻阅,查考
8. due date到期日
9. fine n.罚款
10. bell n.铃,钟
11. pay attention用心
12. aloud ad.年夜声地
13. recite v.背诵
14. poem n.诗
15. volunteer n.自愿者
16. drawer n.抽屉
17. article n.冠词
18. alphabetization n.依照字母顺序排列
19. go through查阅
20. take it easy轻松,放松
21. Royal a.皇家的,王室的
22. suitable a.符合的
23. scenic spots景点
24. to our heart’s concert发自内心肠
25. at leisure在专业时候
【 Alternative Exercises更换练习】
1. I have a special fondness for physical fitness .
swimming
Chinese Wushu
outdoor sports
long-distance running
skating
我分外喜好身段磨炼。
泅水
中国技击
户外活动
长跑
溜冰
2. Football is part of my life.
Basketball
Tennis
Table tennis
足球是我糊口的一部分。
篮球
网球
乒乓球
3. How do you celebrate New Year’s Day ?
Thanksgiving Day
Christmans
你们要如何庆祝除夕?
戴德节
圣诞节
4. We also keep Lantern Festival
the Moon Festival/ Mid-autumn Day
the Dragon Boat Festival
the Spring Festival
我们也过灯节 。
中秋节
龙船节
春节
Unit 28 At home在家里
【 Brief Introduction简介】
日常的家庭糊口是人们交换信息的一个重要渠道,谈话的主题可说是最遍及、最自在的了。糊口的计划、风趣的活动都是不错的话题。
在这里可以了解到糊口的各个层面。
为了匡助英语学习者冷静的和英美人交谈,应该留意在交谈中利用准确的说话体例,英语中多用客套、委婉的体例举行交换,应防止直接了当的利用疑问句,以免给对方留下鲁莽、唐突或缺乏教养的不良印象。
【 Basic Expressions根基句型表达】
这一部分的句型比较自在,在其他部分的句式根基都可根据情况在这里灵活利用,这里仅略举几例。
● What’s for breakfast?
早饭吃什么?
● The usual. Eggs, toast, and cereal. Coffee, if you want.
和平常一样,鸡蛋、烤面包片和麦片。另有咖啡,如果你想喝的话。
● I think I’ll just have cereal for a change.
我想换换口味,光吃点麦片。
● You preferred staying in bed another thirty minutes to eating breakfast.
你宁肯在床上再躺三非常钟也不起来吃早饭。
● I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening?
我们本日的晚餐该做什么吃呀?
● I can always eat pizza– or spaghetti.
意年夜利饼和实心面条我是吃不厌的。
● I’m starting a new diet day after tomorrow.
后天我要从头节食了。
● Don’t forget. We’re invited out to dinner tonight.
别忘了今晚我们被约请到表面往用饭。
● I’ll try to get home a little early.
我只管即便早点回家。
● When can we expect you for dinner? Can you come tonight?
你什么时候能来和我们一同吃晚饭?今晚能来吗?
● I promised to go to a concert with my sister.
我理睬和姐姐一同往听音乐会。
● My washing machine went on the blink this morning, so I have to go to the laundromat this afternoon to do the washing.
我的洗衣机没法用了,所以下战书我只获得自助洗衣店往洗衣服。
● Sometimes when the windows are open, you can hear the neighbors’ phone.
偶尔窗户开着,你能听到邻居家的电话铃响。
【 Conversations会话】
Dialogue 1
A: It’s time to get up!
该起床了!
B: I just went to bed!
我方才睡下。
A: You shouldn’t have stayed up so late watching TV. I told you we had to get an early start.
你不该夜里看电视看得那么晚。我通知过你我们得清早动身。
B: I know, but that movie was just too good to leave. I guess I’ll just have to pay the price and be sleepy.
我晓得。但谁人影片太吸惹人了,不能不看。我想我只得认了,就疲惫些吧。
A: Do you want to eat breakfast here?
你还想在家里吃早饭吗?
B: No. Why don’t we just grab a bite at the coffee shop next door?
不了,我们干嘛不在隔壁的咖啡馆里吃点东西呢。
A: Okay by me.
我没意见。
Dialogue 2
A: I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening.
我们本日的晚餐该做什么吃呢?
B: Are you asking me?
你在问我吗?
A: Yes, I am. I really don’t feel much like cooking, but the family must eat.
是的。我真不太想做饭,但全家总得用饭吧。
B: Well, you know me. I can always eat pizza– or spaghetti.
哦,你是晓得我的。意年夜利饼和实心面条我是吃不厌的。
A: So I’ve noticed. You’re putting on a little weight, aren’t you?
这我已经留意到了。你胖了不少,是吧?
B: I know. Don’t remind me. I’m starting a new diet the day after tomorrow.
这我晓得,用不着你提醒我。后天我要从头节食。
A: It’s about time.
你是该节食了。
Dialogue 3
A: Did you lock the doors?
你把门都锁上了吗?
B: All except the back door. I left that open for Tim. He took the dog for a walk.
除了后门都锁上了。我给蒂姆留着后门,他带着狗漫步往了。
A: Well, I’m going on to bed. I’m beat.
嗯,我睡觉往了。我累极了。
B: Okay. I’m going to stay up a while. I’ve got to go over the household budget. We’re a little overspent this month.
好吧。我再呆会儿。我得把家里的账算一算,这个月我们超支了一点。
A: Please tell Tim to close the door to the basement. I don’t want the dog down there tonight.
让蒂姆打开贮躲室的门,我不想让狗今晚跑到那边往。
B: Okay. Good night. See you at breakfast.
好吧。晚安。本日吃早饭时见。
Dialogue 4
A: This is the last of the milk.
这是末了的一点点儿牛奶了。
B: I know. I intend to go to the store today.
我晓得。本日我计划往市肆。
A: Would you get some of that new cereal we saw advertised on TV?
您买点儿我们在电视广告上看到的那种新麦片,好吗?
B: Which one?
哪种?
A: You know… the one with the silly ad about how vitamins jump up and down.
嗯…,便是那种有一个逗乐的广告,广告上维生素蹦蹦跳跳的。
B: Oh, you mean“KIKIES”?
哦,你说的是KIKIES?
A: Yeah. That’s the one.
对,便是那种。
B: Well, I’ll see. Sometimes the stores don’t have some of the new kinds of cereal.
午餐
晚餐
正餐
2. I think I’ll just have cereal for a change.
toast
bread
我想吃些谷类食物,换换口味。
烤面包片
面包
3. It’s time to get up .
go to bed
have lunch
该起床了。
睡觉
吃午饭
4. This is the last of the milk .
the salt
the sugar
这是末了一点牛奶了。
盐
糖
5. I stayed up late watching TV last night.
reading a novel
playing a game
studying
我昨晚熬夜看电视。
看小说
玩游戏
学习
关键字:全夷易近迎奥运 迎奥运学英语 迎奥运英语小报 全夷易近学英语 全夷易近英语
上篇:
奥运英语56
下篇:
NBA蓝球英语第七集
1 陈勇:营销6要素是如何一步步“套路”消费者下单的? 2 实战复盘:市场营销新手如何做好朋友圈广告投放? 3 运营人都应该掌握的6个打动消费者的市场营销策略 4 6亿票房的秘密 5 专访熊章越 六年国外网赚之经验 6 轩辕地洋:法文站销售国产手机 外文站不是非英语不可 7 海外站长自述:其实出国是一种说不出的痛 8 北漂一族站长:我一直没有放弃给自己充电 9 豆豆对话国外网赚“黑帽坦克”:英语烂我照样年赚百万 10 专访摩西:由工人到英文站点站长 因兴趣终成职业 11 俞敏洪:阿里上市 老婆催促"你得像马云一样成功&... 12 专访随风的叶:八年漫漫摸索路 英语网站推广我有绝招