迎奥运:全夷易近英语教程第12课Unit 20 In the hosp
【 Brief Introduction简介】
在英美国家,医疗费非常昂贵。对初到异国,收进无限的中国人来说,一笔通俗的医疗费,很年夜概成为沉重的经济承当。即便通俗外埠人对此也看而生畏。因此,中国人到外洋要留意两件事。一是留意劳逸连系,迷信保健,只管即便不抱病或少生玻二是加入康健保险。
在英美国家,看病通俗都要预定。如果预定的是私家诊所到预定时候就可以看病;如果是年夜病院,到了预定时候也照旧要登记等待。
末了要留意的是看病时,只需向年夜夫论述病情及回答年夜夫的题目即可,不可以先给自己的病下结论,如说 I have a cold等;也不能自己点药,如许年夜夫会以为你不恭敬他。
【 Basic Expressions根基句型表达】
Asking about illness询诊
●What can I do for you?
你那边不惬意?
●What’s the trouble?
如何啦?
●What’s up with you?
你生什么病了?
●Do you have any appetite?
吃东西有胃口吗?
●How’s your appetite lately?
近来食欲如何?
●Have you vomited?
你吐逆过吗?
●Do you feel tired?
你感到累吗?
●What did you vomit, food or blood?
你吐的是食物照旧血?
●Have you been coughing and sneezing?
你是不是不断咳嗽和打喷嚏。
●Are you allergic to penicillin?
你对青霉素过敏吗?
●Do you remember how many times did you go to the toilet?
你记得往过多少次厕所吗?
●What’s your stool like?
年夜便是什么样子的?
●Are your bowels acting properly?
你的年夜便正常吗?
●What kind of pain do you feel?
你以为如何个痛法?
●Where is your pain?
你以为哪儿痛?
●Is the cut still painful?
伤口还痛吗?
●Do you feel pain after meals?
是饭后痛吗?
●How was your leg hurt?
你的腿如何受伤的?
●Have you lost weight recently?
你近来体重减轻了吗?
●Have you got any chronic disease before?
你已往有过慢性病吗?
●Do you feel short of breath?
你以为气急吗?
Describing symptoms陈说症状
●I’ve got this pain in my ear, a sore throat and keep losing in my voice.
我耳朵痛,嗓子痛,话也说不出来。
●I have a bad cough and my chest aches.
我咳嗽很凶猛并且胸痛。
●I have got a headache and I feel chilly.
我头痛,还以为有些发冷。
●I have a stomachache.
我胃痛。
●I’m aching all over.
我全身都痛。
●I feel like vomiting.
我以为想吐。
●I’m suffering from insomnia.
我失落眠了。
About the time when it started关于发病时候
●When did it start?
什么时候开始发病的?
●How long have you been like this?
你如许有多久了?
●When did the pain start?
什么时候开始痛的?
●When did it happen?
什么时候发作的?
●When did you begin feeling unwell?
你什么时候感受身段不适的?
Examining and advising诊查和医嘱
●Let me take your blood pressure.
让我量一下你的血压。
●I’ll take your blood count first.
先查一次血老例。
●Please go and take a stool test.
请先往查一下年夜便。
●I’ll just give you a prescription.
我给你开一张药方。
●Take one of these pills three times a day after meal.
这些药片每日服三次,每次一片,饭后服。
●Drink this mixture four times a day, one measure each time.
这合剂每天服四次,每次一格。
●You must have this medicine two times a day.
你必需每天吃这种药,一天两次。
【 Conversations会话】
Dialogue 1
(At the dentist’s)看牙医
A: I have a terrible toothache.
我牙痛得凶猛。
B: Which tooth is it?
哪颗牙?
A: (Pointing) This one here.
(指指)这一颗。
B: Ah, yes. There’s a big cavity.
啊,是的。有个年夜洞。
A: Can you fill it?
能补吗?
B: I’m afraid not. The tooth is too far gone. It’ll have to be taken out.
生怕不可。坏得太凶猛了。只好拔失落了。
A: Then I might as well have it out now.
那还不如现在就拔呢。
B: You’d better wait. The gums are swollen.
照旧等等吧。牙床肿了。
Take the medicine I prescribe and come back in three days.
吃我给你开的药,三天今后再来。
Dialogue 2
(Bob groans)(鲍勃在嗟叹)
A: What’s the matter, Bob?
鲍勃,如何啦?
B: I think it’s my ankle.
我把脚扭了。
A: What happened?
出了什么事?
B: One of my snowshoes got caught on a rock.
我的一只雪鞋绊在石头上了。
A: Can you stand?
你能站起来吗?
B: I don’t think so. It’s kind of sore.
我不可。挺疼的。
A: We’ll have to get you to a hospital for an X-ray.
我们得带你往病院拍个片子。
B: Is that really necessary?
真的有需要吗?
A: It may be worse than it seems.
你的脚扭伤年夜概比想象的要重要。
(In the hospital emergency ward)
在病院急诊室
A: How’s it feel?
感受如何样?
B: About the same.
和刚才差不多。
A: Someone will be out to take a look any minute now.
很快就有人给你看的。
B: Should we be here, Alice ? I don’t think it’s that serious.
艾丽斯,我们要来这儿吗?我看没那么重要。
A: Of course! It’s the sort of thing a hospital emergency ward is for.
固然得来这儿啦!病院的急诊室便是干这个的。
C: Will he have to wait much longer?
要等很永劫候吗?
A: I hope not. It isn’t that busy.
希看不会。这儿不是那么忙。
Dialogue 3
A: What seems to be the trouble, Mr. Brown?
布朗西席,哪儿不惬意?
B: I’m in pretty bad shape, Dr. Ford.
我的情况很糟,福特年夜夫。
A: Oh, in what way?
噢,有什么症状?
B: No appetite, always on edge, and I can’t sleep well.
没有胃口,老是很重要,觉也睡欠好。
A: Did you lose any weight?
体重下降了没有?
B: Yes, I have lost quite a few pounds since last month.
降了。上个月以来,我已经轻了好几磅。
A: When was the last time you had a check-up?
上次体检是什么时候?
B: About two month ago.
年夜约两个月已往。
A: Let me take your blood pressure. You look anemic.
我给你量一量血压。你好像血虚。
(Dr. Ford proceeds to take Mr. Broun’s blood pressure.)
福特年夜夫给布朗西席量血压。
A: Well, Mr. Broun, I’m happy to say it’s nothing serious.
好了,布朗西席,没有什么年夜题目。
You’re just a little run-down from overwork.
你便是义务太劳累了。
B: What am I supposed to do?
那我该如何办呢?
A: I think all you need is just a vacation.
我看你只需休一次假就行了。
Try to get outdoors more and be sure to get more rest.
多到户外活动,一定要多休息。
B: Thank you, doctor. I’ll do as you say.
感谢你,年夜夫。我会照你说的往做的。
Dialogue 4
A: What’s wrong with you? You look pale.
你有什么不惬意吗?你看起来很苍白。
B: I’m not sure, I feel hot and cold.
我不确定,我感受一阵冷一阵热。
A: When did the trouble start?
什么时候开始不惬意的?
B: I was sick most of the night.
我年夜半夜都惬意。
A: It sounds like you are coming down with the flu. Let me take your temperature.
听起来你好像得了流行感冒。让我量量你的体温。
B: Have I got a high fever?
我发烧吗?
A: Yes, thirty-eight point seven. Do you have a headache, chest or throat pain?
是的。38.7度。你头痛吗?胸和嗓子痛吗?
B: Yes, I have.
是的,痛。
A: Now, let me have a look at you. I’d like to listen to your chest. Now breathe in, a deep breath, that’s it. Cough, now again. I want to examine your throut, too. Open wide, say“ah--”.
来,让我瞧瞧你。想听听你的胸部,现在往里吸气,深深地吸一口吻,对了。咳嗽一下,再咳一次。我还想再查查你的喉咙,把嘴张开,说“蔼—”
B: Aaaaahh, aaaaahh.
蔼—蔼—蔼—埃
A: Yes, it does look a bit sore. Let’s take an X-ray of your chest and give you a few tests.
是的,确实有些炎症。好吧,我们来透视一下你的肺,再做些化验。
B: All right, thanks.
好,感谢。
A: The tests showed nothing wrong. A slight viral infection.
化验功效没有题目,有点轻度病毒熏染。
B: What shall I do today?
那我该如何办?
A: I’m giving you some antibiotics and aspirins. Take an aspirin when you’ve got a fever, and take one antibiotics capsule every four hours, and go home and rest in bed for two days. Drink plenty of water, then you’ll feel better. Here’s the prescription.
我给你开一些抗生素和阿司匹林。发烧时吃一片阿司匹林,每四个小时吃一粒抗生素胶囊。回家卧床休息两天。多喝开水,就会好的。这是处方。
B: Thank you, doctor. Good-bye.
感谢你,年夜夫。再会。
【 Key Words and Notes关键词息争释】
1. appetite n.食欲,胃口
2. vomit v.吐逆
3. feel tired感到疲惫
4. cough v.咳嗽
5. sneeze vi.打喷嚏
6. allergic a.过敏的
7. penicillin n.青霉素,盘尼西林(音译)
8. toilet n.盥洗室
9. stool n.凳子;年夜便
10. pain n.痛苦悲伤,痛苦 painful a.痛苦悲伤的
11. cut n.伤口
12. chronic disease慢性病
13. short of breath呼吸急促
14. throat n.咽喉,喉咙
15. have a bad cough咳嗽得凶猛
16. have one’s chest aches胸口痛苦悲伤
17. have a headache头痛 have a stomachache胃痛 have a toothache牙疼
18. unwell a.不惬意的,不适的
19. take one’s blood pressure量血压
20. blood count血球计数(等于血老例测量的项目)
21. prescription n.处方 prescribe v.指示,开(药)
22. pill n.药丸
23. medicine n.药
24. dentist n.牙医
25. cavity n.洞
26. swollen a.肿胀的
27. groan v.嗟叹
28. ankle n.踝,脚脖子
29. sore n.把柄
30. emergency ward急诊病房,急诊室
31. be in bad shape情况很糟
32. on edge重要
33. check-up n.体检
34. anemic a.血虚的
35. run-down疲惫的
36. take one’s temperature量体温
37. have a fever发烧
38. virus infection病毒熏染
39. antibiotics n.抗生素
40. aspirin n.阿斯匹林(解热镇痛药)
41. capsule n.胶囊
【 Alternative Exercises更换练习】
1. What seems to be the matter ?
trouble
problem
哪儿不惬意?
2. What’s wrong with your ear ?
finger
leg
nose
你的耳朵如何啦?
手指
腿
鼻子
3.I feel sick.
so ill
feverish
dizzy
awful
very bad
我感到不惬意。
很不惬意
发烧
晕眩
不适
很欠好
4.I feel a pain in the chest.
liver
waist
我胸口疼。
肝
腰
5.I have a headache.
backache
heartache
toothache
我头痛。
背疼
心口疼
牙疼
1. Let me take your blood pressure.
feel your pulse
take your temperature
listen to your chest
让我量一下你的血压。
给你把一下脉
量一下你的体温
听一下你的心跳
2. I’ll give you some tablets for your headache.
pills
capsules
plasters
我将给你一些治头痛的药片。
药丸
胶囊
膏药
3. Take one each time, three times a day after meals.
two twice before
一次一 片,每日三次,饭后吃。
两两次饭前
Unit 21 In the Restaurant在餐厅
【 Brief Introduction简介】
东方有句格言:“We eat to live, not live to eat.”在高度的社会竞争压力下,现代欧洲人饮食体例分外讲求,英美人喜好吃生菜,即便是肉类、鱼类也煮得半生不熟,因为他们都以为半生的食物不会破坏养分代价;英国人喜好吃各种肉类,每餐都加生果;美国人是甜中带咸的口味。
通俗打电话预定年夜餐馆的餐位,常说:“I’d like to…”或“Can I…”的问句,而对方会问?“When will it be? What size is it?”西食很器重食客团体的快乐喜爱。泰西人与中国人的饮食习尚有着很年夜区别:
1.通俗泰西人士一天三餐,尤其午餐通俗在小吃店处理。
2.在美国,几团体一同上餐馆用餐,应先搞清谁付帐。该当留意的是:一个冤家说请你用饭,并不等于为你付帐。
3.在东方,较流行的快餐店有汉堡包店(McDonald’s),比萨饼店(Pizza Hut),热狗店(Hot dog Stands),炸鸡店(Kentucky Fried Chicken),咖啡店(Coffee Shop)等等。
【 Basic Expressions根基句型表达】
Full满座
● I’m sorry. We’re full now. Would you mind waiting for a while?
对不起,已经满座了,您能等一会儿吗?
● I’m afraid the restaurant is full now.
生怕现在旅店已经满座了。
● You have to wait for about twenty minutes.
您得等年夜要20分钟。
suggestion发起初到别处
● Would you care to have a drink at the lounge first?
您介意先到休息室喝一杯吗?
● Would you wait at the bar until there is a free table?
您在吧台等一会儿,直到有空桌好吗?
Questions about the seats询问座位偏好
● Would you prefer a quiet corner?
您偏好恬静的角落吗?
● Would you like a seat near the window?
您喜好靠窗的座位吗?
● Would you like a seat with a harbor view?
您喜好能看到海港景致的座位吗?
● Where would you prefer to sit, sir?
西席,您宁愿答应坐在这儿吗?
Guiding率领主人进座
● Would you come step this way, please?
请往这边走。
● May I show you your table?
我带您到桌上往。
● Please take a seat, sir,
西席,请坐。
About the dishes关于饭菜
● I like specialties.
我喜好风韵菜。
● to offer a variety of seafood delicates.
供给多种甘旨的海鲜品。
● Are you ready to order now, sir?
西席,您准备好点菜了吗?
● Would you like anything to start with?
您想先吃点什么?
● Anything to drink?
要喝点什么吗?
● What are your specialties for lunch today?
本日你们这儿有什么特征菜吗?
● What are the specialties of the restaurant?
这家饭店的特征菜是什么?
● The chicken curry with rice is very good.
咖喱鸡饭味道好极了。
● I’d like to try the beef, please.
请给我来点牛肉。
● Would you like it rare, medium, or well-done?
您喜好生一点,中等程度照旧老一点?
I’m full吃饱了
● I’m afraid I can’t eat any more.
生怕我不能再吃了。
● No, thank you. I’m getting full.
不,感谢。我吃饱了。
Paying for the bill付帐
● May I have the bill, please?
请把帐单给我好吗?
● It’s my treat this time.
此次我请客。
● Let’s go Dutch this time.
此次我们各自付帐。
● Let’s split the dinner check.
我们对半付帐吧。
【 Conversations会话】
Dialogue 1
A: What can I do for you, sir?
西席,您要来点什么?
B: What have you got this morning?
本日早上你们这儿有什么?
A: Fruit juice, cakes and refreshments, and everything.
生果汁、糕点、各种茶点等等,网罗万象。
B: I’d like to have a glass of tomato juice, please.
请给我来一杯西红柿汁。
A: Any cereal, sir?
要来点谷类食物吗,西席?
B: Yes, a dish of cream of wheat.
好的,来一份麦片粥。
A: And eggs?
还要来点鸡蛋什么的吗?
B: Year, bacon and eggs with buttered toast. I like my bacon very crisp.
要,再来一份熏猪肉和鸡蛋,我喜好熏猪肉松脆一点。
A: How do you want your eggs?
您喜好鸡蛋如何做?
B: Fried, please.
煎的。
A: Anything more, sir?
还要什么另外东西吗,西席?
B: No, that’s enough. Thank you.
不要了,足够了。感谢。
Dialogue 2
(A couple waiting to be seated in a crowded restaurant)
(一对夫妇在拥堵的餐厅外期待就座)
A: Do you have a reservation, sir?
叨教您订位了吗?西席,太太?
10. Can I have my bill , please?
you bring me the bill请给我票据好吗?
关键字:全夷易近迎奥运 迎奥运 迎奥运讲文明树新风 迎奥运法在我身边 迎奥运作文
上篇:
驻马店天中胜景中英详细介绍
下篇:
跑马英语词汇中英比较
精彩主题