迎奥运:全夷易近英语教程第11课Unit 17 At the Bank在
【 Brief Introduction简介】
在英美国家,银行业极度发财。其数量之多,苦守之高,效力范围之广,无不给人留下深入印象。现今因为电脑已运用于银行营业,使得海内外各地银行分行或办事处的电脑信息互通,储户可以在海内各地统一银行支行办理各项银行营业手续。以下是几条办理银行营业的手续、历程、留意事变:
首先,英美国家的银行比我们国家的银行营业时候要短得多。英美的银行通俗在上午9点半才开门营业,下战书4点阁下就关门,并且周末也不营业。
英美银行储备营业范围遍及,品种多,重要有(支票)活期款帐户(checking account)、储备帐户(saving account)旅游支票(traveler’s account)、或银行本票(casher’s order)和声誉卡(credit card)等等;别的,年夜年夜都银行还办理保险箱营业。
在我国,人们办理开户手续时可以留印章或暗码,而在英美国家的银行,人们每每是留亲笔签名(signature)。储户的亲笔签名将成为往后查对的重要根据。
【 Basic Expressions根基句型表达】
Consumer asking主顾询问
● Could I change these pounds for dollars, please?
我能把这些英镑换成美元吗?
● Would you tell me my balance?
叨教我的存款另有多少?
● How do we open a checking-saving account?
如何开个支票储备户头?
● Do you handle letters of credit?
你们办理声誉证吗?
● What’s the exchange rate today?
本日的兑换率是多少?
equirring service要求效力
● I’d like to have some money transferred from my account in France to China.
我想从我在法国的帐户上转一些钱到中国。
● I’m sorry, I’ve lost my bankbook.
真遗憾,我把存折弄丢了。
● I’d like to withdraw(deposit) two hundred dollars from(into) my savings account, please.
劳驾,我想从现金户头里取(存进)200美元。
● I’ve come to close my account.
我来结清我的存款。
● Please give me sixty dollars in tens and twenty dollars in fives.
请给我60美元10元票面的,20美元5元票面的。
● Please cash this money order for me.
请将这笔汇款付给我。
● I’d like to buy a bank draft.
我想买一张银行汇票。
Bank teller asking银行人员询问
● Do you have an account with us?
你在我们银行有帐户吗?
● How much money do you wish to withdraw from your account?
您想从您的帐户中取多少款?
answering consumers回答主顾
● Please sign your name on this form.
请把你的名字签在这份表上。
● Please endorse the checks.
请在这些支票上签名。
● You can have a checking account if you prefer to pay things by check.
如果您喜好用支票买东西,您可以开个支票户头。
● You can have a fixed deposit account. It earns you more interest.
您可以存活期,如许您可以开个支票户头。
● There’s no charge for the use of your passcard.
利用主动取款卡不用付手续费。
● Please sign your name at the place marked with an X.
请在注有“X”的中央签名。
● Your balance at the bank is two hundred and fifty-eight dollars.
您银行的结余金额为258美元。
Miscellaneous综合项
● I’d like to change some German marks into small money
我想把一些马克换成零钱。
● I’d like to change 100 U.S. dollars to R.M.B.
我想把100美元兑换为人夷易近币。
【 Conversations会话】
Dialogue 1
A: I’d like to withdraw some money from my account.
我想从户头里提出一些钱。
B: Can I see your passbook and the withdrawal slip, please?
可不可以让我看您的存折及提款单呢?
A: Sure.
固然可以。
B: Let me just make sure. You want to withdraw one thousand dollars?
让我确定一下。您要提1000美元?
A: That’s right.
是的。
Dialogue 2
A: I’d like to have this cashed, please.
我想兑换现款。
B: Please put you name and address here. May I see your passport?
请在这里写下您的名字和地点。我可以看您的护照吗?
A: Yes.
好的。
B: How would you like it?
您需要如何兑换?
A: Ten hundreds and ten twenties, and the rest in small changes, please.
十张100元的和十张10元,剩余的零钱。
B: O.K. Here you are.
好的。给您。
Dialogue 3
A: I’d like to open a savings account. Can you tell me how to do it?
我想开个储备存款户头。能通知我若何办理吗?
B: O. K. You have to fill out this form and let me see three identification cards or documents.
好的,您必需先填这张表格,然后让我看三种证件。
A:I have a driver’s licence, a membership card and my passport. Will they do?
我带了驾照、会员证及护照,这些可以了吗?
B: Let me see them. Yes, they’re O.K.
让我看看。行,这些可以。
A: What’s the minimum amount I can deposit in an account?
我可以存进户头的最小金额是多少?
B: You can deposit an initial amount of ten dollars.
开户金额可所以10元。
A: Thank you.
感谢。
Dialogue 4
A: Can you change American dollars into French Francs?
能把美元兑换成法郎吗?
B: Yes. How much do you want?
可以,您要换多少?
A: Fifty dollars. What is the exchange rate today?
只换50美元。本日的汇率多少?
B: One dollar to five Francs. Is that all right?
1美元对5法郎。可以吗?
A: Yes, please. And you can cash my traveler’s check, can’t you?
可以,请。你们同时也兑现旅游支票吧?
B: Of course, we can.
固然可以兑现。
A: I want to be here tomorrow. What is your business hour?
我想本日到这儿来。你们的营业时候如何呢?
B: 10 o’clock in the morning to 2 o’clock in the afternoon.
上午10点至下战书2点。
A: Thank you.
感谢。
B: Not at all.
不客套。
Dialogue 5
A: I’d like to apply for a personal loan.
我想请求团体存款。
B: How much would you like to borrow?
您想要存款多少钱?
A:A thousand dollars.
1000美元。
B: Let me check with our credit manager (later)
让我和我们的声誉部主管谈谈。(稍后)
A: Our record shows that your credit rating is quite high. I don’t think you’ll have any problems.
我们的记实上显现您的声誉评价很高。我想您不会有题目的。
B: What’s the current interest rate?
现在的利率是多少?
A: Our monthly interest is 1.5百分 of the outstanding balance. Would you please fill out this application form?
我们每月利率是未偿余额的1.5%,请您填好这张请求表好吗?
Dialogue 6
A: I’d like to open a current account.
我想开一个支票帐户。
B: Certainly. May I see your social security and your ID, please.
好的,请给我社会保证卡和身份证好吗?
A: Here you are. I wonder how much interest can I earn from a current account.
在这里。我想晓得支票户头可以赚取多少利钱。
B: Oh, current account don’t pay out interest.
噢!支票户头是没有利钱的。
A: Why is that?
为什么如许?
B: It’s primarily designed for business transactions. That is, writing checks to pay for bills, buying things and sending money. We won’t expect a large amount of deposit in a current account.
因为这是为了作生意而设的,便是用支票付欠单、买东西和寄钱等等。我们相信支票户头里不会有年夜量存款。
A: I see. How do I draw money for my own use then?
正本如许,那么我若何提钱给自己用呢?
B: In that case you can write yourself a cash check and draw money for yourself.
那么您就要开一张现金支票给自己了。
【 Key Words and Notes关键词息争释】
1. pound n. (= pound sterling)英镑(英外货泉单元,标记是£,等于20旧先令,1971年打消先令后,等于100便士)
2. balance n.余额
3. checking-saving account可开支票的储备账户 check n.支票 savings account储备存款户头
4. handle vt.处理
5. letters of credit声誉证书
6. exchange rate汇率
7. bankbook n.银行存折
8. withdraw vt.发出,提取
9. deposit vt.寄存
10. cash vt.现金兑现
11. money order汇款单,汇票
12. bank draft银行汇票
13. credit n.(银行)存款
14. sign v.签名
15. endorse v.(在票据背面)签名;签订
16. fixed deposit活期存款
17. interest n.利钱 interest rate利率
18. passcard n.主动提款卡
19. mark v.标记,作暗号
20. change vt.兑换
21. passbook n.银行存折
22. withdraw slip提款单
23. passport n.护照
24. licence n.执照
25. membership card会员证
26. minimum a.最小的,最低的
27. business hour营业时候
28. apply for请求
29. credit manager声誉部司理(主管)
30. current account常常帐户,活期帐户,支票帐户
31. earn v.赚得
【列外货泉缩写】
1. United States美元 U.S. $(=U. S. dollar)
2. France法郎F.Fr (=French Franc)
3. United Kingdom英镑£(=British pound)
4. Hong Kong港币HK$(=Hong Kong dollar)
5. Japan日元¥(=yen)
6. Germany马克DM(=Deutsche Mark)
【 Alternative Exercises更换练习】
1. I’d like to open a saving account in R.M.B .
H.K. dollars
U.S. dollars
German marks
Sterlings
French francs
我想开一团体夷易近币的储备帐户。
港币
美元
德国马克
英镑
法郎
2. Can I take out money wherever I like ?
withdraw money at a branch office
receive money directly from abroad
我可以在任何一个地点取款吗
在分行提款
直接从外洋收到钱
3. Can I cash some traveller’s checks ?
$ 40 in traveller’s checks
我可以现金兑现一些旅游支票吗?
40美元的旅游支票
4. I’d like to deposit the check in my account .
put / pay some money into my account
put $800 into my account
我想存储这张支票到我的帐户。
存一些钱到我的帐户
存800美元到我的帐户
5. I’d like to change 100 U.S. dollars .
some foreign currency in to R.M.B.
some German marks
我想兑换 100美元。
兑换一些外币为人夷易近币
兑换一些德国马克Unit 18 At the Barber’s shop在剃头店
【 Brief Introduction简介】
在中国,男女剃头店通俗不分开,而在外洋是分开的,男剃头店叫Barber’s shop,女剃头店则叫Hairdress’s shop,也叫Beauty Slaoon。可是在美国,如果不是非常需要的,人们不常常光顾剃头店,一是因为价钱昂贵。在美国,凡是触及到以人工记价的义务老是机器义务的免费要高良多。二是也不敷利便,通俗都要等待良多本领轮到,乃至是要提早预定。所以,通俗女子都自备推剪相互剃头。而女人都自备吹风机自己做头发。
【 Basic Expressions根基句型表达】
Offering service供给效力
●How do you want it, sir?
西席你想要什么发式?
●What will it be?
你要理什么发式?
●How shall I cut it, sir?
西席,我该如何剪法?
●Do you want a cold wave, ma’am?
密斯,你想冷烫头发吗?
●How would you like it set, ma’am?
夫人,你想做什么样的发型?
●Would you like to look on the computer to see which one fits you best?
你要不要看电脑,看看哪一站发型对你最合适。
●Here are the photos of the latest hair styles, ma’am?
夫人,给你最新发式照片。
●You’ll look very smart with this hair-do, ma’am?
夫人,你理这个发式会显得很时兴。
●There! Will that do?
理好了!如许行不可?
●What will you have a perm or a set?
你要电烫照旧卷做头发?
●How do you like your hair done,sir?
西席,您喜好头发作生机成什么样?
Saying how you’d like your hair cut /down申明你需要若何理(做)头发
●I’d like a set.
我要做头型。
●I’d like a crew cut.
我想理个平头。
●I’d like my hair bobbed.
我要剪短发。
●Leave some bangs, please.
请留一点刘海。
●Leave the back long, please.
请背面留长些。
●I’d like to have a face massage.
我想按摩面部。
●Give me a facial, please.
请给我面部按摩一下。
●I think maybe this one will suit me best, what do you think, miss?
我看这个发型最合适我,小姐,你以为如何样?
●I just want a few waves -- big ones, and not curls at all.
我只需几个波浪——年夜波浪,一个卷也不要。
●Please show me the pictures.
请给我看看最新发型照片。
●Please dye my hair red.
请把我的头发染成赤色。
【 Conversations会话】
Dialogue 1
A: What kind of permanent would you like to have?
您想烫什么样的发型?
B: What kinds do you have?
你们能烫什么样的发型?
A: Oh, we have quite a varity: regular, cold perm, straight perm, pin curl and foam.
啊,我们能烫良多品种:通俗的、汽烫、直发烫、卷发和泡沫烫。
B: Last time I tried a pin curl perm and a foam permanent. Set the wave a little looser than usual, please.
我上次躺了卷发,以为太卷了。本日无妨尝尝泡沫烫。你把波浪弄的比以往松些。
Dialogue 2
(A: Hunsband B: Wife C: Barber)
A: Do you cut both men’s and women’s hair?
你们男女活都做吗?
C: Yes, we have various styles, such as hair bobbed and shoulder length hair. How do you want it?
是的,我们可以做各种百般的发型,如剪短发,齐肩发。你们想要什么效力?
A: I want a haircut and a shave, please.
我想剃头和修面。
B: I would like a shampoo and my hair dyed.
我想洗洗头发,染染发。
C: What shampoo do you prefer? And what color do you prefer?
夫人,您喜好什么染发剂?要染什么颜色?
How would you like your hair cut, sir?
西席,你喜好什么发式?
A: I want to keep the same fashion.
我想连结正本的发式。
B: I want my hair dyed black.
我想染成黑色。
C: All right. Will you please sit over here?
好的,请坐这儿。
Dialogue 3
A: Are you being served, sir?
西席,有人招呼您吗?
B: No, not yet. I just want a haircut.
还没有。我只想剃头。
A: Will you sit here, please? How would you like it cut?
请您坐这儿好吗?想理什么样的?
B: I want it short.
剪短些就行。
A: But it’s short already, sir.
可您的头发已经很短了。
B: I mean very short, shorter than it is now.
我的意思是很短,比现在再短些。
A: Shall I just trim it?
那就修修好吧?
B: No, You can cut quite a bit off. I like it to be very short all over. Do you see what I mean?
不,请多剪些。我想把上上下下都剪得短短的。你年夜白我的意思吗?
A: Oh, I see. You like the Chinese style, don’t you?
噢,年夜白了,您喜好中国式的。
B: Yes, in the Chinese style.
是的。要中国式的。
A: Would you like to have a shampoo, sir?
西席,先洗洗头吗?
B: No, thank you.
不用了,感谢。
A: How about oil or spray?
要不要抹点发膏或喷点喷鼻香水?
B: No, nothing of the kind.
不,什么也不用。
A: There! How is that?
好了,您看行吗?
B: That’s very good!
很好。
Dialogue 4
A: It’s your turn, sir. I’m sorry that you’ve had to wait.
西席,轮到你了。让你久等了,很负疚。
Saturday is a busy day for us.
礼拜六我们比较忙。
B: I suppose so. A haircut, please.
我看是如许。剃头吧。
A: How do you want your hair cut? Any particular way?
想理什么样?有分外要求吗?
B: I’d just like a trim, and don’t cut it too short.
我只想修修,不要理得太短。
A: Yes, sir. How about the sideburns?
好的,西席。鬓角如何留?
B: I think they only need a little trimming.
我想也是异样推剪一下就可以了。
A: Can I use the clippers?
用推剪吗?
B: No, don’t use them, please.
不,请别用推剪。
A: Oh, all right,sir.
嗯,好的,西席。
(The barber sets to work with scissors and comb.)
(剃头员开始用剪子和梳子剃头。)
B: Would you trim off a bit more there, above the ear?
我想寄一张汇款单。
兑换这张汇款单
5. You’ll have to fill in the custom’s declaration .
value of the item
你必需填写主顾声明。这代价条目
关键字:全夷易近迎奥运 迎奥运 迎奥运讲文明树新风 迎奥运法在我身边 迎奥运作文
上篇:
东西体操专业词汇
下篇:
《旅游英语900句》之办理乘机手续